[Mailman-Users] disable bounce

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue May 20 19:26:05 CEST 2008

Ilin Tatabitovskiwrote:

>I would like to configure Mailman only for forward ANY kind of email
>to the subscribers. Often a mail with an attachment is being kept for
>revision, and a bounce notification is being sent.
>
>I would only like to forward a sent to a certain list to everybody. Is
>this possible?

There are many things that can cause a post to be held.

If you turn off (set to No) respond_to_post_requests on the list's
General Options page, the notice to the submitter will not be sent
when a post is held.

In order to not hold posts at all, you have to address the reason they
are held in the first place. If posts with attachments are held it is
likely because of max_message_size, also on the list's General Options
page. Set this to 0 for no limit.

Some other possible reasons are 'implicit destination' and 'too many
recipients'. You can address these on Privacy options...->Recipient
filters by setting require_explicit_destination to No and
max_num_recipients to 0.

There are other possible holds as well. If you encounter them, you can
address them. E.g., if you want to accept posts from non-subscribers,
set Privacy options...->Sender filters->generic_nonmember_action to
Accept.