[Mailman-Users] local ip in links

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu May 1 18:46:22 CEST 2008

Hans Gubitz wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:37:15PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Hans Gubitz wrote:
>> >
>> >Overview of all ... mailing links
>> >points here to the local ip of the server, where all other links point
>> >to the right url.
>>

>> If you mean the actual target of that link contains the IP, I don't
>> understand because this is generated the same way as all the other
>> links, e.g the "<listname> administrative interface" link right above
>> it.
>

>The are generated in different ways.

All the links are generated by mlist.GetScriptURL()

>In HTMLFormatter.py I read, that the first two lines of the footer use
>MailList.GetScriptURL() which returns Utils.ScriptURL, that includes
>self.web_page_url
>
>The third line - my problem - uses Utils.ScriptURL with exactly one
>parameter. So web_page_url==None and it is set by get_domain().
>
>That is my problem. get_domain() returns the local ip of my listserver
>which is a virtual host. May be apache is not configured the right way.

If VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Yes (the default), Utils.get_domain()
returns what the web server set in the environment as HTTP_HOST or
SERVER_NAME if there's no HTTP_HOST. This is normally set to the host
name portion of the URL that was used to access the page.

>My workaround:
>Utils.get_domain():
>   return mm_cfg.DEFAULT_URL_HOST

If you want to unconditionally return DEFAULT_URL_HOST, don't modify
Utils.py. Just set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = No

in mm_cfg.py.