[Mailman-Users] local ip in links

Hans Gubitz gubitz at netcologne.de
Thu May 1 18:25:29 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 01:37:15PM -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Hans Gubitz wrote:
> >
> >Overview of all ... mailing links
> >points here to the local ip of the server, where all other links point
> >to the right url.
>

> If you mean the actual target of that link contains the IP, I don't
> understand because this is generated the same way as all the other
> links, e.g the "<listname> administrative interface" link right above
> it.

The are generated in different ways.

In HTMLFormatter.py I read, that the first two lines of the footer use
MailList.GetScriptURL() which returns Utils.ScriptURL, that includes
self.web_page_url

The third line - my problem - uses Utils.ScriptURL with exactly one
parameter. So web_page_url==None and it is set by get_domain().

That is my problem. get_domain() returns the local ip of my listserver
which is a virtual host. May be apache is not configured the right way.

My workaround:
Utils.get_domain():
   return mm_cfg.DEFAULT_URL_HOST

Hans