[Mailman-Users] setting up mailman on fc6

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 28 18:15:12 CET 2008

Dave wrote:

>    I'm trying to set up mailman and postfix on an fc6 vps box. The fqdns
>they use are not mine for this domain, which i'm wondering if that's an
>issue. I have edited mm_cfg.py url_hosts set it to www.domain.com and
>email_hosts option to domain.com, i won't be using any virtual domains, at
>least not right away. I've deleted the five lines for automatic fqdn
>acquiring above the url_host line and went to run /usr/lib/mailman/update i
>get a traceback www is not defined. Where do i go from here?

We may need more specific information such as the traceback itself,
although I suspect it is caused by missing quotes around
www.domain.com.

Also, I wonder what /usr/lib/mailman/update is or if you meant
/usr/lib/mailman/bin/update, why you are running it by hand or does
this have something to do with it being an rpm install? Even so,
bin/update is only run to upgrade an existing installation. It would
not normall be run in a new install.

That said, here's what you want in mm_cfg.py

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'www.domain.com'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'domain.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()

If you put that at the end of mm_cfg.py, it will override anything that
was done previously with those things.