[Mailman-Users] Content Filtering for Body Text

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 21 22:22:39 CET 2008

Cyndi Norwitz wrote:

>What I'd like to do is set up a filter that scans the content of the body
>text for a phrase like: "FAIR USE NOTICE" or "Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107."
>I would like those caught posts to go into the moderation queque ("hold"
>not "reject" or "discard").

<snip>

>An example is:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg30851.html
>
>But I can't find anything newer than 3 years.  Perhaps something has
>changed since then?  Is what I'm asking possible without a major
>workaround?  Might it be possible in the future, perhaps as an extension of
>the spam filters?

Nothing in this area has changed since the message you link to was
posted.

It is currently not possible to filter based on the content of a
message part without a custom handler or other form of patch.

You could add this request to the comments at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Mailman+2.2>.