[Mailman-Users] odd archive behavior

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Mar 21 17:29:45 CET 2008

Con Wieland wrote:

>I don't understand why the body of this message was removed in the
>archives. (I have removed the picture at the bottom to meet the lists
>size requirement)
>
>http://maillists.uci.edu/mailman/public/visgrads/2008-March/000174.html

The short answer is Mailman 2.1.4

>From the above archive entry

Skipped content of type multipart/alternative-------------- next part
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...

So the 'body' was multipart/alternative. There have been many changes
to the scrubber since 2.1.4, and I think that currently, assuming the
multipart/alternative part had text/plain and text/html subparts, the
text/plain part would be the body in the archive, and the text/html
part would have been stored, but the 2.1.4 scrubber didn't do that
well with 'not so simple' message structures.