[Mailman-Users] odd archive behavior

Con Wieland cwieland at uci.edu
Fri Mar 21 15:39:41 CET 2008

I don't understand why the body of this message was removed in the
archives. (I have removed the picture at the bottom to meet the lists
size requirement)

http://maillists.uci.edu/mailman/public/visgrads/2008-March/000174.html

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 11:55:27 -0700
To: Visual Studies Grads <visgrads at UCI.EDU>
From: Jennifer Tucker <jjtucker at UCI.EDU> (by way of Roberta Geier
<rjgeier at uci.edu>)
Subject: AfAm Studies presents Call Mr. Robeson 4/07/08

UC Irvine, Program in African American Studies presents

Tayo Aluko and Friends
Call Mr. Robeson
The monodrama, with songs.

Written and Performed by Tayo Aluko
Accompanied by Michael Conliffe (Piano)
Directed by Olusola Oyeleye
Designed by Phil Newman

Monday, April 7, 2008
8PM
Humanities Hall Little Theatre
UC Irvine

THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Paul Robeson is a great and famous actor, singer and civil rights
campaigner.

When over the years he gets progressively too radical and outspoken
for the establishment's liking, he is branded a traitor to his
country, harassed, and denied opportunities to perform or travel.

Just as physical, emotional and mental stress threatens to push him
over the fine line between genius and madness, he is summoned to
appear before the House Un-American Activities Committee, to give the
most difficult and important performance of his career.

The play features some of his famous songs and speeches, and
highlights how his radical activism caused him to be disowned and
disremembered, even by the leaders and descendants of the civil
rights movement.

www.tayoalukoandfriends.com

This production is co-sponsored by Student Affairs, the International
Center for Writing and Translation, Department of Music, and
Department of Drama.

For further information, contact Jennifer Tucker at African American
Studies, 300B Murray Krieger Hall, jjtucker at uci.edu or 949-824-2376.

For concerns regarding a disability, please contact the UCI
Disabilities Services Center at 949-824-7494.

For direction to the theatre, please see http://www.arts.uci.edu/
article.php?a_id=985