[Mailman-Users] fetchmail with gmail to mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Mar 18 16:31:07 CET 2008

billc wrote:

>Right.  So probably safer to reinstall.  Which I did.  That appears
>to have repaired the problem of  /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman
>previously being a directory.
>
>Now when attempting to create the original 'mailman' list, i'm getting
>
>	illegal name mailman at postfix
>
>despite having the same stuff in default.py and mm_cfg.py as
>previously (explicitly set to ns2.greenbuilder.com) and even when
>specifying the list name in the newlist command as
>mailman at ns2.greenbuilder.com.  Argh!  What am I missing here?

What is DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, either in Defaults.py or overridden in
mm_cfg.py. If it is 'postfix', that is your answer. It must be a fully
qualified domain name.

If that isn't it, what is the exact newlist command or are you using
the GUI, and what is in Defaults.py for DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST and
DEFAULT_URL_HOST, and what is in mm_cfg.py for these and any
add_virtualhost() directives?

If DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST isn't 'postfix', you probably have

add_virtualhost('ns2.greenbuilder.com', 'postfix')