[Mailman-Users] fetchmail with gmail to mailman

billc billc_lists at greenbuilder.com
Tue Mar 18 06:55:31 CET 2008

At 12:58 PM -0700 3/17/08, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>billc wrote:
>>
>>No, no --exec-prefix, and I don't see any glaring errors in the
>>install log.  Some permissions issues on language files was pretty
>>much all.
>>
>>But I'll try again, just to make sure.
>

>It should be enough to just run 'make install' in the unpack src/
>directory (or maybe just copy the built 'mailman' executable from
>there to /usr/local/mailman/mail/ after 'rmdir
>/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman', but what else is missing?)

Right.  So probably safer to reinstall.  Which I did.  That appears
to have repaired the problem of  /usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman
previously being a directory.

Now when attempting to create the original 'mailman' list, i'm getting

	illegal name mailman at postfix

despite having the same stuff in default.py and mm_cfg.py as
previously (explicitly set to ns2.greenbuilder.com) and even when
specifying the list name in the newlist command as
mailman at ns2.greenbuilder.com.  Argh!  What am I missing here?

--
Bill Christensen
<http://greenbuilder.com/contact/>