[Mailman-Users] Problem using procmail to send mail through spamassassin

Jones, Stephen (SJONES) SJONES at arinc.com
Fri Mar 14 21:02:49 CET 2008

Hello,

I had the Mailman lists working but needed to update the URL's in the
mm-cfg.py file to change the name.  I now cannot send mail to the lists when
using procmail to force it through SpamAssassin.

I get the following errors in my maillog:

Mar  7 12:37:15 xaanm10anp sendmail[17241]: m27HbF5V017240:
to="|/usr/bin/procmail -m MAILMAN=vam /etc/procmailrc",
ctladdr=<vam at xaanm10anp.arinc.net> (8/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,
mailer=prog, pri=30638, dsn=5.0.0, stat=Can't create output

Mar  7 12:37:15 xaanm10anp sendmail[17241]: m27HbF5V017240: m27HbF5V017241:
DSN: Can't create output

Here's what I have:

        Red Hat AS4 Update4
        Sendmail 8.13
        Mailman 2.1.5
        Procmail 3.22

Mailman and procmail have the sym link in /etc/smrsh.

If I send email to a list as myself from the list server without using
procmail, the email gets posted to the list.

If I use procmail I get the error above.

When I changed the URL information in mm-cfg.py I also ran the following on
all the lists.

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/arch vam
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private/vam.mbox/vam.mbox

And

/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url Vam

These lists were copied over from another server.

The procmailrc file read as follows:

:0fw: *| spamc -u mail

I also updated and recreated the access.db to include the new name.

Does anyone have a clue as to why I would get this error?  I have checked
and rechecked all of the permissions I can think of.

Thank you,

Stephen