[Mailman-Users] Standard Footer

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Jun 30 17:21:50 CEST 2008

Webmaster PF wrote:

>I must be an idiot because I just do not get it. I must be missing an integral part because the footer is still posting as an attachment rather than in the body of the posting.
>
>This is what I have in the non-digest options:
>
>Can subscribers choose to receive mail immediately, rather than in batched digests?
>YES
>
>Should Mailman personalize each non-digest delivery? This is often useful for announce-only lists, but read the details section for a discussion of important performance issues.
>FULL PERSONALIZATION

Full Personalization is not required for the %(user_optionsurl)s
replacement to work. If you want Full Personalization (Recipient's
email address in To: header), that's fine, but Personalization=Yes is
sufficient for the %(user_optionsurl)s replacement to work.

>Footer added to mail sent to regular list members
>
>Scrub attachments of regular delivery message?
>NO

Whether the footer is added as a separate MIME part or is appended to
the 'body' of the mail, depends solely upon the properties of the
outgoing message. This in turn can be affected by content filtering
settings and by the scrubbing of attachments.

The footer will only be appended to the message body as opposed to
being added as a separate MIME part if the outgoing message is a
simple text/plain message. If the outgoing message is multipart or
HTML, the footer will be added as a separate part.

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9> that Brad mentioned for
some of the reasons for this.