[Mailman-Users] Options for increasing throughput

Fletcher Cocquyt fcocquyt at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 20 12:33:13 CEST 2008

Hi, I am observing periods of qfiles/in backlogs in the 400-600 message
count range that take 1-2hours to clear with the standard Mailman 2.1.9 +
Spamassassin (the vette log shows these messages process in an avg of ~10
seconds each)

Is there an easy way to parallelize what looks like a single serialized
Mailman queue?
I see some posts re: multi-slice ­ but nothing definitive

I would also like the option of working this into an overall loadbalancing
scheme where I have multiple smtp nodes behind an F5 loadbalancer and the
nodes share an NFS backend...

Many thanks for pointers to any HOWTO docs or wiki notes on this

Fletcher.