[Mailman-Users] Muti-Mailman install

Thu Jun 19 21:44:18 CEST 2008

On 6/19/2008, Brad Knowles (brad at python.org) wrote:
> Correct.  The Mailman developers feel that forcing all replies to go
> back to the list causes much more harm than good, see FAQ 3.48 at
> <http://wiki.list.org/x/44A9>.

Whats the big deal anyway? If you want lists configured to reply to the
list, just set it that way. What difference does it make what the
default is?

Until the vast majority of the most popular mail clients have a proper
'Reply-To-List' function (TBird doesn't, although it has an extension
that tries to do it, it isn't very good at it) discussion lists should
definitely (imnsho) be configured to reply to list, and I always change
the ones I manage to do so.

--

Best regards,

Charles