[Mailman-Users] Disable word-wrap?

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Thu Jun 19 20:46:44 CEST 2008

On 19 Jun 08, at 10:57, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>> Is there a place I can adjust the length to be much longer, or
>> perhaps
>> to disable word-wrapping altogether?
>
> Mailman doesn't do line wrapping.

Interesting. The only email that I send out that gets wrapped is stuff
that goes through Mailman. I can send the exact same thing to a
postfix alias of exactly the same people, and it doesn't get wrapped.

So it may well be true that "Mailman doesn't do line wrapping," but
from my perspective, it's doing something that *causes* line wrapping
to happen!

In fact, I'd venture to guess that this email, which is sent to the
list and to Mark and I on the Cc: will show up wrapped on the list,
and not wrapped on the Cc's.

Regardless of who's doing it, any better ideas on how to keep it from
happening? Line-wrapping is so "VT-100" '80's. I'm staring at Mark's
email on my 1920-pixel screen, with about 9/10th of the screen showing
blank white.

:::: Jan Steinman, Communication Steward, EcoReality http://www.EcoReality.org
:::: 2152 Fulford-Ganges Road, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Z7, +1
250.653.2024