[Mailman-Users] Disable word-wrap?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jun 19 19:57:43 CEST 2008

Jan Steinman wrote:

>I often send out long links to unsophisticated audiences, who then
>tell me "the link is broken" when Mailman breaks the link in order to
>wrap the line to some specific length. I'd rather not go the tinyurl
>opaque reference route, since the links I send are meaningfully read
>by my few sophisticated users.

You might consider preview.tinyurl.com links.

>Is there a place I can adjust the length to be much longer, or perhaps
>to disable word-wrapping altogether?

Mailman doesn't do line wrapping. There was an issue pre Mailman 2.1.10
with format=flowed being removed from the Content-Type header, which
removes the instruction to the receiving MUA to unwrap the lines that
were wrapped by the sending MUA, but this was fixed in Mailman 2.1.10.