[Mailman-Users] Muti-Mailman install

Allan Odgaard 8qbfgka02 at sneakemail.com
Thu Jun 19 06:58:00 CEST 2008

On 18 Jun 2008, at 20:59, adsarebad-at-......... wrote:

>> Have you seen <http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads/postfix-to-mailman-2.1.py
>> >?
>> [...]
> I think I may have ran into that file in my travels, can`t remember
> for sure through because I ran into so many.  Is that the one where
> I need to have mylist at list.domain.com?  I was hoping to be able to
> use mylist at domain.com.

At least the advantage of this solution is that you set the transport
for an entire domain to be this script, and then don’t need to have
the Mailman email addresses explicitly stated in your Postfix config.

If you want to have both regular and Mailman addresses for the same
domain, then I am afraid you will have to explicitly have the Mailman
addresses in your Postfix config. Just, they should go in the
appropriate section (addresses for virtual domains instead of aliases).

I am unsure what you actually wanted help with in your original
letter, i.e. was it a convenient way to do “newlist” after you setup
the multiple Mailman installs? Was it routing the different addresses
to the proper installs? etc.