[Mailman-Users] List archive threading (pipermail)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 18 22:46:06 CEST 2008

Allan Odgaard wrote:

>On 18 Jun 2008, at 17:45, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>
>> Does a new list work OK?
>
>A new list show the same problem.
>
>> What does bin/cleanarch say about the mbox file?  Did bin/arch report
>> anything odd?
>
>I don’t recall so. But since this happens both for new letters to this
>list, and for a completely new list I created a few days ago, I don’t
>think the problem is the mbox.
>
>I’ll see if I can get access to another Mailman version and generate
>the archive from there.
>
>If I didn’t state already, this is Mailman 2.1.9 under Ubuntu
>(installed via aptitude).

I have never before seen a report like this. Since it occurs for a new
list, there is apparently something wrong with the Mailman
installation itself. If it were a problem with the Ubuntu package, I
think it would have been seen elsewhere, so I think it's likely
specific to your installation, but I have no idea what might cause it.

Pipermail does threading by Message-ID and by In-Reply-To and
aren't hijacking threads, I haven't a clue.