[Mailman-Users] Muti-Mailman install

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 18 17:53:55 CEST 2008

adsarebad at gmail.com wrote:

>I have searched all over for how to do true virtual list with mailman
>and finely decided to run multiple mailman installs side by side.
>
>However when setting up the fist mailman install I have ran into a
>wall.  In mm_cfg.py
>
>POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['domian.com']
>MTA = 'Postfix'
>
>When I make a new list I end up with data/aliases
>
>fun:             "|/usr/local/mailman/domain/mail/mailman post fun"
>
>and so on.  In data/virtual-mailman
>
>fun at domain.com              fun
>

>The problem is I need a table that says
>
>fun at domain.com    "|/usr/local/mailman/domain/mail/mailman post fun"

I think what you actually need is something like

fun at domain.com              fun_domain

in virtual_mailman and

fun_domain:        "|/usr/local/mailman/domain/mail/mailman post fun"

in aliases.

You would need to modify Mailman/MTA/Postfix.py to produce this, or set
MTA = 'Manual' in mm_cfg.py and do your aliases manually.