[Mailman-Users] Queue problems

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Jun 18 17:49:42 CEST 2008

Allan Odgaard wrote:

> If others should run into this problem `reject_unknown_recipient_domain`
> was the setting I had to disable in Postfix’s
> `smtpd_recipient_restrictions`.

We run postfix on python.org.  This option is not disabled on our machine,
because we have a separate copy of postfix listening on a different port on
the localhost IP address, and this copy of postfix disables all that
anti-spam/DNS checking, etc....

It is not necessary to recommend to others that they disable this feature on
their copy of postfix.  Instead, you should be recommending to them exactly
what I recommended to you, which was to run a second copy of postfix with
all checks disabled and have Mailman deliver to that second copy of postfix.