[Mailman-Users] question about Nomail in admin

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 18 04:55:06 CEST 2008

Christopher Adams wrote:

>I recently noticed an address on a list and there is a checkmark and a ?
>(question mark) in the Nomail column. I understand what that means and the
>longer description is:
>
>"Note: your list delivery is currently disabled; it was disabled for unknown
>reasons"
>
>Fine, but I know for a fact that this particular address hasn't existed for
>several years. So, why hasn't it been disabled and unsubscribed?

Disabled for unknown reasons means disabled pre Mailman 2.1.x.

Since delivery is disabled, the list is not mailing to this address, so
the address isn't currently bouncing except possibly for password
reminders which aren't often enough to score more than 1.0 as the
prior bounce is always stale with these settings.

>The bounce settings for this list are 5.0, 7, 3, 7.
>
>I looked through the logs and see no reference to this address. What could
>be happening?

The address is on the list. You aren't mailing to it so nothing is
happening. cron/disabled won't do anything to it because it isn't
disabled BYBOUNCE.