[Mailman-Users] Spaces inserted in subjects

Allan Odgaard 8qbfgka02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 17 04:56:11 CEST 2008

On a new list I had this set in `mm_cfg.py` at creation time:

     OLD_STYLE_PREFIXING = No

This caused extra spaces between the tag inserted and the subject for
letters sent to the list.

I suspected that this option was the problem, but I was unable to
disable it again (seems to be another one of those options only
settable at list creation time), so I had to traverse the source and
eventually found the problem in `CookHeaders.py` where it does:

     u' '.join([prefix, recolon, subject])

But for new letters `recolon` will be the empty string.

Using Mailman 2.1.9 (Ubuntu installation).