[Mailman-Users] procmail before mailman- closer!

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 13 20:40:38 CEST 2008

washakie wrote:

>Thanks. How do I determine what --with-mail-gid is set? I assume it's
>mailman, as that is the default correct?

It appears from clues in your previous posts that your MTA is Postfix.
If this is the case, the 'mail group' is the group of the owner of
Mailman's data/aliases.db.

In any case, if you ran configure, or if your packager was kind enough
to provide you with the package's config.log, you'll find the
configure options there. If all else fails, the expected group is in
the error message from the wrapper if you get it wrong (you can just
run '/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post x' as a non-mailman,
unprivileged user to see the error message).