[Mailman-Users] procmail before mailman- closer!

washakie washakie at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 20:13:09 CEST 2008

Mark Sapiro-3 wrote:

> Procmail doesn't like something about
> /etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc. I'm only guessing, but try
> removing world read and making the group other than root.
>
> Also see <http://wiki.list.org/x/tYA9> because if "listname's" group is
> not the --with-mail-gid group compiled into
> /usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman, you'll get a group mismatch error next.

Thanks. How do I determine what --with-mail-gid is set? I assume it's
mailman, as that is the default correct? Also, if I look at the the
ownership of the lists it's:
[root at machine lists]# ll
total 52
drwxrwsr-x 2 apache mailman 4096 Jun 13 12:00 listname
drwxrwsr-x 3 apache mailman 4096 Jun 13 12:00 myotherlist
drwxrwsr-x 2 root   mailman 4096 Jun 13 12:00 mailman

Thanks,
john