[Mailman-Users] procmail before mailman- closer!

washakie washakie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:43:34 CEST 2008

Getting closer...

I've managed to get the aliases file set to forward to procmail using this
approach:
# STANZA START: listname
# CREATED: Tue Jul 17 12:37:32 2007
listname:             "|/usr/bin/procmail -m
/etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc post listname"

Then I have a rc file in /etc/procmailrc and the filter seems to work,
however, it isn't setting the correct 'privileges'. The rc file is owned by
the user=listname and here is the contents:

[root at machine]# ll /etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc
-rw-r--r-- 1 listname root 468 Jun 12 10:28
/etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc
[root at machine]# cat /etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc
# .procmailrc
# routes incoming mail to appropriate mailboxes
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=/etc/procmailrcs
SHELL=/bin/sh
LOGNAME=procmail.log
LOGFILE=$HOME
VERBOSE=yes

MMCOMMAND=$1
MMLIST=$2

#first filter checks subject, if IGNORE updates file in user=listname home
directory
:0 f
* ^Subject:.*IGNORE*
| echo "You received a message at" `date` >> /home/listname/received_mail

# Accept all the rest to your default mailman
:0
|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman $MMCOMMAND $MMLIST

I get the following ERROR:

<listname at machine>: can't create user output file. Command output:
   procmail: Denying special privileges for
   "/etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc" procmail: Suspicious rcfile
   "/etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc" procmail: Couldn't read
   "/etc/procmailrcs/listname.procmailrc"

Final-Recipient: rfc822; listname at machine