[Mailman-Users] procmail before mailman - attempts.

washakie washakie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:54:21 CEST 2008

washakie wrote:

> To be honest, I'm not even entirely sure what the 'TWO' files are, since I
> rarely have touched mailman after I initially set it up...

Ok, I read a little closer, and understand that it is the aliases and
aliases.db (missed that in my first glance of the warning).

However, I've tried the above and it is not working. My steps:
1) Edit file to fit my case
2) postalias aliases
3) create the .procmailrc file, giving it permissions for mailman (I'm
pretty sure my user is mailman - how do I check this?)

I get a bounce from Mailman saying it isn't being accepted for delivery.

Another approach:

1) edit virtual to create an alias where for list at mydomain.com my virtual
file has the line:
list-bypass at mydomain.com list

-the whole reason I'm having this problem is because I foolishly named my
list the same as a user (it hasn't been a big deal, but I now want to use
procmail to run scripts via mail, and that user has to be the one running
them).

-the virtual approach seemed to accomplish something, but I now get the
following message:

This is the mail system at host mydomain.com.

                  The mail system

<list-bypass at mydomain.com>: can't create user output file

Final-Recipient: rfc822; list-bypass at mydomain.com
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; can't create user output file