[Mailman-Users] setting respond_to_post_requests and header filters in mm_cfg.py

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Jun 3 21:21:35 CEST 2008

Florian Effenberger wrote:

>> I think the settings in mm_cfg.py only affect the defaults that are set when
>> new lists are created.  In particular, they have no affect on any
>> pre-existing lists.
>>
>> You'd need to go through a separate process to change those same settings on
>> each list, presumably some semi-automated method using "with_list".
>
> sorry for the confusion - that's not the issue. The issue is that
> there seem to be no options in mm_cfg.py that reflect these settings.
> I can set all other things, but not these two...

There is no configuration setting for the default for
respond_to_post_requests. It is hard coded to Yes in the
MailList.InitVars() method in the Mailman/MailList.py module. Likewise,
header_filter_rules is set to empty.

You can set DEFAULT_BOUNCE_MATCHING_HEADERS to catch X-Spam-Flags: YES,
but this doesn't have an 'action' option; it only holds.

Note that while you can put things in mm_cfg.py that are not defined in
Defaults.py, they will never have any effect since if Mailman actually
looked for some arbitrary setting that wasn't defined in Defaults.py,
Mailman would crash in a default installation.