[Mailman-Users] Renaming lists - how to change the list "real_name" afterwards

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jul 18 19:56:39 CEST 2008

Aidan C A Hopkins wrote:

> Thanks very much - this did the trick, with one exception - the archives
> are still bearing the old name. Presumably this just needs a rebuild as
> mentioned somewhere in the FAQ which I used yesterday.

Some of the archive pages like the TOC and the current month's index
will be regenerated with the new name, but most of the pages are static
at this point, so yes, a rebuild of the archive is required to fix them.

> Perhaps your instructions need adding to the FAQ?!

Except I have no idea why you weren't able to change the name via the
General Options page. I did it myself in my 2.1.11 installation to be
sure it worked, and it did.

Is your Mailman a package? What version?