[Mailman-Users] domain update

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Sat Jul 12 06:03:44 CEST 2008

On 7/11/08, rpyne at kinfolk.org wrote:

>  I have a list that has a large number of members whose email domain
>  has changes en mass. In particular, I need to change all of the
>  subscribers @mmode.com to @txt.att.net. Is there a simple way to do
>  this or am I going to have to delete and re-subscribe every one of
>  them?

You should be able to relatively easily fix these using a "with_list"
python script, or by dumping the entire list of subscribers to a
file, then editing the file, then re-importing the list of
subscribers.

But both of these methods require privileged command-line access to
the server in order to do them.  If you have that kind of access, I'd
suggest searching the FAQ and the archives for pointers on the
specifics.

Otherwise, you may be able to script this through the web interface,
but I suspect that's going to be rather more painful.