[Mailman-Users] Hard drive is full

Simon tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Thu Jul 10 19:19:53 CEST 2008

On 7/10/2008 4:31 AM, Maickel Pandie wrote:
> It's been 3 weeks since I launched my mailing list server using Mailman +
> Postfix, 2 days ago my server stoped sending mail, when I search the problem
> from log it telling me that the problem is disk drive is full. When I
> restart my server I can't login into server because there are no free space
> anymore in disk drive. First time this server work, it only consume 6 GB.
> Now my 40 GB hard drive is full.
>
> Is it right that Mailman save all email or attachment file in server
> machine? if it's right what can I do to clear all email or attachment file
> in server machine?

This doesn't help you much now, but this is why it is a good idea to
keep anything that stores data (mail, temp directories, etc) on a
separate partition from your / directory.

You may have to connect the drive to a different computer to delete the
archives (located in something like /var/lib/mailman/archives) - but if
it were me, I'd just buy a [much] bigger hard drive and clone the old
one to it... 40GB is pretty tiny these days... :)

Good luck, hope you get it sorted...