[Mailman-Users] Easier list administration

Walter Leibbrandt walter at translate.org.za
Thu Jul 10 09:26:13 CEST 2008

Hi,

This is just to introduce a little (Mailman-related) project of mine to
all list administrators that might find it useful. I hope that it is not
inappropriate for me to be posting it on this list, but here goes.

After recently being made administrator of 19-odd mailing lists I've
started mailmanman (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mailmanman/) as a
way to script web-based list administration (in Python). As noted on the
"Mailman Tips, Tricks, Scripts" page
(http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/#throughtheweb): "Effective
Mailman administration really presumes shell access so that you can use
the many tools available in the 'bin' directory for maintaining your
lists. However if that is not allowed by your host, you can script the
web interface using a local copy of Python to mimic what a human user
would do with a web browser." That is exactly where mailmanman comes in.
It mimics a user a with a browser that performs administration tasks.

The only features implemented so far is the ability to retrieve and
discard held messages (which is what I currently need it to do).

Mailmanman is still *very* young, so if it may be useful to you, please
try it and provide some feedback.

Regards,

Walter Leibbrandt