[Mailman-Users] Edit monthly reminder? - solved

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jan 30 00:17:06 CET 2008

Mikael Hansen wrote:

>On Jan 15, 2008, at 10:43, Brad Knowles wrote:
>
>> It's a template stored in /usr/local/mailman/templates/en/, which
>> you can copy to /usr/local/mailman/lists/<listname>/en/, and then
>> edit it locally in that directory.
>
>Done, including sudo bin/mailmanctl restart, but unfortunately my
>list-specific cronpass.txt does not override the standard :-(

After much puzzling, this is solved.

Monthly password reminders are not sent on behalf of a specific list
even if the remindee is only a member of one list. Therefore, list
specific (and for implementation reasons, domain specific)
cronpass.txt templates don't work.

An edited cronpass.txt must be in
templates/site/<language>/cronpass.txt.