[Mailman-Users] Edit monthly reminder?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Jan 15 21:45:52 CET 2008

On 1/15/08, Charles Marcus wrote:

>  I take it thats the way you should do it for any of them?
>
>  I edited the 'postheld.txt' template in the templates/en directory,
>  instead of copying it to the list subdir.

If you edited the file in-place, then when you do your next upgrade,
that template will get replaced.

If you copy it to a list-specific subdirectory (as I suggested), then
it won't get replaced as part of the next upgrade.

>  It works, and I did want the change for all lists - but it is good to
>  know how to do a custom one for an individual list if I need to...

FAQ 4.48 at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.048.htp>
has more information about editing the templates and what you need to
do in order to get them to be picked up.