[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Dennis Black dblack at ualberta.ca
Wed Feb 20 22:02:54 CET 2008

Charles Marcus wrote:
> On 2/20/2008, Dennis Black (dblack at ualberta.ca) wrote:
>
>> postfix/main.cf
>> yahoo_destination_recipient_limit = 5          # matches Yahoo's limit
>> yahoo_destination_concurreny_limit = 2
>>

> I may be wrong, but I don't think you can add comments like that, only
> on lines that START with a '#'... so it should be:
>
> # matches Yahoo's limit
> yahoo_destination_recipient_limit = 5
>
> yahoo_destination_concurrency_limit = 2

It was for focusing purposes only, in the message only.

The 'yahoo_destination_recipient_limit = 5'  is the one that matches
Yahoo's rules, not the block of two:
yahoo_destination_recipient_limit = 5
yahoo_destination_concurrency_limit = 2

Then why did I bother to show both?
In case someone wanted to mess with the numbers on their system... it
was a quick-and-dirty-cut-and-paste...

Yahoo doesn't supply a concurrency limit number, but states that you
should keep it low to be nice to
their resources.

The values don't matter anyway. It sounds like the Mailman admins who
have written, have tried everything
and it hasn't made a difference.

--
Dennis Black