[Mailman-Users] Mailman postings deferred by Yahoo

Michael Welch mwelch at redwoodalliance.org
Wed Feb 20 18:45:28 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote at 08:21 AM 2/20/2008:

>>Thanks for your reply.  I understand that ultimately it is a Yahoo problem
>>and ultimately something that will never be cured.  I was hoping since I
>>only run one small list that there was a "magic" switch that I could flip
>>that would get past Yahoo.
>

>If you are convinced that sending to only one Yahoo recipient per
>message will avoid the problem, set Non-digest options-> personalize
>to Yes. It doesn't have to be Full as another poster suggested, and
>you don't actually have to personalize any header or footer
>information. Setting personalize to Yes is enough to cause messages to
>be sent individually.
>
>If you don't see this option, you have to ask your provider to put
>
>OWNERS_CAN_ENABLE_PERSONALIZATION = Yes
>
>in mm_cfg.py.

It even happens when sending to a single yahoo address.

I ran into this error message when sending an email to three people: one a yahoo account, one gmail, and the other was an account on our server. The email was sent yesterday, and the message was waiting for me this morning.

Michael Welch, volunteer
Redwood Alliance
PO Box 293
Arcata, CA 95518