[Mailman-Users] bounce question

Barry Finkel b19141 at britaine.cis.anl.gov
Wed Feb 20 17:29:21 CET 2008

>Hi,
>
>I have a problem whit the bounce.
>
>I would like to know if I can redirect all messages bounce (managed by the
>engine internal mailman) of a particular news letter on a specific address
>e-mail
>

>Many Thanks
>
>RGdC

You can change the aliases file

     /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases (on my Mailman 2.1.9 Ubuntu)

by adding to the line:

     LISTNAME-bounces:  "|/var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman bounces LISTNAME"

this text:

     ,user at example.com

This, I believe, will send the bounces for the LISTNAME both to the
normal Mailman bounce processor and to the specified e-mail address.
Note that if Mailman auto-regenerates the alias file, your change
will be lost.
Barry S. Finkel
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov