[Mailman-Users] can't get self post after enabling "Receive your own posts to the list"

Karl Zander kwz-mm at commpartners.com
Sat Feb 9 15:31:22 CET 2008

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 23:29:47 -0500
  "Forrest Sheng Bao" <forrest.bao at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am just beginning to use Mailman and found a strange problem. I
>haven
> enabled "*Receive your own posts to the list*" in my personal
>options. Since
> I am also the admin, I also unchecked the "not metoo" box of myself
>at
> membership administration section. But I found that I still couldn't
>get the
> posts I sent. Can someone tell me why?
>
> Thanks,
>Forrest

I note you are posting to this list with a gmail.com address. That may
be relevant to what you are seeing if you also use a gmail.com address
on your list. Gmail has a "feature" where it remembers the message ID.
When you post to your list, the message comes back to gmail, the
message ID is recognized and the message is not displayed because
Gmail knows you already have it.

See
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=all#2.8

--Karl