[Mailman-Users] Turning off confirmation

Zbigniew Szalbot zszalbot at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 07:20:50 CET 2008

2008/2/7, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen at xemacs.org>:
> Zbigniew Szalbot writes:
>
>  > Thank you Mark. Any chance of having it (unsubscribe without
>  > confirmation) as an option one day?
>
> There's a patch by Adrian Bye (actually one of his colleagues, I
> think) in the tracker that provides some form of streamlined
> unsubscribe.  It's described and pointed to in this post:
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2005-February/017850.html
>
> Note also Mark's reply to that post.

Thank you Stephen! This is not what I am looking for. I do not want
the unsubscribe link in a message (I insert my own as I am worried
inserting footer by mailman would break html messages) so this is not
what I am looking for. I'd simply love to see "Unsubscribe without
confirmation" as an option in mailman's admin section. If I choose to
use it, I am on my own handling incidences of people unsubscribing
others.

I'd be happy to code a patch but as it happens I have never coded
anything (no technical background).

Many thanks anyway!

Zbigniew Szalbot