[Mailman-Users] Turning off confirmation

Daniel M. Eldridge dme.gmail at eldridge.to
Wed Feb 6 22:04:06 CET 2008

If you want to avoid the risk of:
 ALLOW_OPEN_SUBSCRIBE = Yes

Then you--as the admin--could add the subscribers to the list
manually, Have them send their email address to you and then compile
that into a list which you then manually add via the
 Membership Management [Mass Subscription]

You have the option to ``Subscribe these users now or invite them?''

This fails to make the list updateable in real time, though I suppose the
best idea would be to subscribe with authentication from, say, a gmail
address and then have this gmail address forward messages to the
mobile device. In that way every user has two ways to read and respond
to these emergency messages. Though you're going to have to enable, or
allow, posts from the mobile if you want people to be able to post
from their mobile during an emergency. If this is in fact the case
then, perhaps authentication from the mobile device isn't such a bad
idea as you're expecting people to post from these devices during emergencies.

--Dan Eldridge