[Mailman-Users] Permission problems

Melinda Gilmore gilmore.126 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 4 15:54:57 CET 2008

No matter what permission I set and copy from other lists that are ok, I
keep getting this error message.  I must have something to do with the .tmp
part fo the request.pck,  But can't figure out why I am still getting it.
Also, when I got to check that list, that file is not there.

Any directions would be greately appreciated.

Your "cron" job on lists
/usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/checkdbs

produced the following output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 203, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/checkdbs", line 100, in main
    mlist.Save()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 560, in Save
    self.SaveRequestsDb()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 129, in
SaveRequestsDb
    self.__closedb()
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/ListAdmin.py", line 106, in __closedb
    fp = open(tmpfile, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/local/mailman/lists/sis_directors/request.pck.tmp'

Melinda Gilmore
Systems Engineer
The Ohio State University
Enterprise Messaging/OIT