[Mailman-Users] Centos + Blue Quartz question - virtual site issue.

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Mon Dec 22 16:38:43 CET 2008

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Based on your off-list reply to Brad, it appears that you're using a
> CentOS/RedHat Mailman package. My understanding of this package,
> which may be incorrect, is it integrates aliases with Postfix as the
> MTA.

The Red Hat / CentOS mailman packages don't create any default
integration with an MTA.  That is left to the user to configure.  The
package includes this text in the description:

    Documentation can be found in: /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9

    When the package has finished installing, you will need to perform
    some additional installation steps, these are described in:
    /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/INSTALL.REDHAT

So, just as with installing mailman from source, the administrator of
the machine needs to do some configuration.

FWIW, the INSTALL.REDHAT file is essentially the same as the mailman
INSTALL file, with the sections on getting the files onto the disk
stripped out and information on the FHS path modifications added.

Truth is like a well-known whore.  Everybody knows her but it's
embarrassing to meet her in the street.
    -- Wolfgang Borchert