[Mailman-Users] Posts from listowner address issue

J.A. Terranson measl at mfn.org
Sat Dec 20 20:21:14 CET 2008

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> >I stated in the original post that LO was also subbed.
>

> Sorry. I missed that. I was more focussed on your multiple qrunners (my
> diagnosis) issue, and then I skipped ahead.
>
> Have you resolved the multiple qrunners?

Yes, with work.  there multiples running (5)?  I don't know how or why,
but there were 5 full instantiations running.  Killed everything by hand
(mailmanctl stop was useless), and restarted it and everything *seems* OK
now.

The files referenced were nowhere to be found, so picking them apart is a
non starter.  Looks like a race condition: Does mailman not check to see
if it's already running?

> >LO is getting
> >everything (requests, other list traffic, etc) *except* traffic from list
> >1.  But posts sent to list 1 show up in the archives of list 1:
> >http://lists.ccm-l.org/pipermail/ccm-l/2008-December/011111.html
> >http://lists.ccm-l.org/pipermail/ccm-l/2008-December/011112.html
>

> Since the list is currently active, presumably others are receiving its
> posts.

Yep.

> Is delivery enabled for the owner's subscribed address on list 1?
Also mentioned in the first post: yes.

This was a really odd event.  I'm pretty surprised to find 5 copies
happily beating each other up without checking.  Could this be a build
issue (FreeBSD - I know there are reported "difficulties" here)< or does
MM not check?

Thanks for the guidance!

//Alif

--
Yours,
J.A. Terranson

"Never belong to any party, always oppose privileged classes and public
plunderers, never lack sympathy with the poor, always remain devoted to
the public welfare, never be satisfied with merely printing news, always
be drastically independent, never be afraid to attack wrong, whether by
predatory plutocracy or predatory poverty."

Joseph Pulitzer
1907 Speech