[Mailman-Users] deleted admins and attachments wouldn't work.

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Dec 8 03:08:26 CET 2008

on 12/6/08 5:29 PM, St John's Webmaster said:

> One day last week, mailman reset the overarching admin password, removed
> certain people from lists as admins, and suddenly sent out password
> reminders. And, it wouldn't send out lists attachments. The attachments
> exits when the moderator sees the message, but are scrubbed after that.
> No content filtering is active.

Mailman would not just do this on it's own.  Something else had to
happen, and I'm guessing it was probably someone restoring data from a
backup that wiped out your current production environment.

Nothing that you're talking about could possibly happen with the
standard version of Mailman with the standard cron jobs.

> 2.1.11cp2

If you're running cPanel, please take a look at FAQ 6.11 at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

You need to talk to your provider or cPanel, to see what they must have
done to you.