[Mailman-Users] List "disappears" now.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 1 05:12:05 CET 2008

J.A. Terranson

>Nevertheless, just for me, was there another way?

List attributes like advertised can be changed via the web admin ui and
via command line tools, e.g. bin/config_list and bin/withlist.

They can also be inadvertently changed by restoring old backups of the
lists/LISTNAME/config.pck file, but that doesn't seem to be much of a
possibility here.

There is one other rare possibility. If the list was originally created
as a Mailman 2.0 list and migrated to 2.1, the migration converted the
2.0 lists/LISTNAME/config.db file to an "equivalent
lists/LISTNAME/config.pck, but it left the lists/LISTNAME/config.db
file in place. You should remove these files or move them aside. The
reason is if somehow hboth the lists/LISTNAME/config.pck and
lists/LISTNAME/config.pck.last files should become corrupt and
unreadable, Mailman will fall back to the now ancient
lists/LISTNAME/config.db if there is one. It is also not likely that
this was the reason either.

As far as I know, no other Mailman process changes these attributes.