[Mailman-Users] tweaking mails

bergenpeak at comcast.net bergenpeak at comcast.net
Fri Aug 29 19:36:58 CEST 2008

On some of the mailman lists I manage, there might be some value if when
the mail comes in to mailman, if I could parse the mail looking for key
phrases or terms and based on what is found, either tweak the mail
contents and/or insert some additional information above or below the
mail's contents before mailman sends this updated mail message out to
the subscribers.

The information added to the mail could be based on the mail's contents
and/or information maintained in a file that would be tracking the info
that was added in previous mails.

Is this possible?  Issues to be aware of in doing this?

Thanks