[Mailman-Users] Delete a subscriber

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Aug 27 00:28:51 CEST 2008

Meenal Pant wrote:

>During " delete " a subscriber I want to perform an additional action on
>my lists folder , which is delete the keys from the keyring for that
>subscriber.
>
>I am trying to figure out all the scripts I need to modify to add this
>feature to mailman. Also where is the source code located for
>executables generated in ~/mailman/bin ?

Look at the methods ApprovedDeleteMember() and maybe
ApprovedChangeMemberAddress() defined in Mailman/MailList.py, or if
you want to look at the lower level interface, see the removeMember()
and changeMemberAddress() methods in Mailman/OldStyleMemberships.py.

As far as the 'executables' in the bin/ directory are concerned, they
are source. They are executable Python scripts. And the commands in
bin/ mostly call the MailList.py defined methods, but clone_member
(and possibly others) calls the MemberAdaptor (OldStyleMemberships.py)
changeMemberAddress() method.

If you make your changes in the MemberAdaptor (which is
OldStyleMemberships.py unless you have installed some custom
MemberAdaptor for some or all lists) you are guaranteed to have
covered everything because any membership change ultimately calls the
list methods addNewMember(), removeMember() and changeMemberAddress()
defined in the MemberAdaptor to do the actual work.