[Mailman-Users] add_members with names

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Thu Aug 21 15:10:06 CEST 2008

Hi

1. I have a file in the following format

"member name in quotes"  email_address at domain.tld

and want to be able to add members using data from this file. add_members
 add_members -r /absolute/path/to/file listname
reports
 Bad/Invalid email address: "member name in quotes"  email_address at domain.tld

Are any alternative scripts available to provide  the flexibility needed?

I really need to use predefined member names.

2. As an additional query is there a way of automatically making new members
subject to moderation and automatically turning off moderation after a
predetermined number of postings from that member have been approved?