[Mailman-Users] Filtering SPAM/ Out of Office

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri Aug 8 22:20:40 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> If for piddling legal or other constraints such as not finding a pillory
> in working order prevent you from using that approach, I tend to set "no
> mail" for those uses, and if there is reason to believe that it is a
> site wide problem, I may bar users from that site, or at least threaten
> to, always informing the postmaster of the site with the broken
> autoresponders.

For the mailman-users mailing list, if you have a broken auto-responder, the
first thing I will do is to set you moderated and nomail.

If you repeat the mistake, or you have a particularly bad auto-responder
that actually responds to the "From:" and "Cc:" headers (so that the message
goes out to the entire list), then I will unsubscribe you and ban you from
re-subscribing.  In that case, if you want to get back on the list, you will
need to come talk to me and convince me that you will never make this
mistake again.

After you get out of the doghouse, if you repeat the mistake again, then I
will unsubscribe and ban everyone from your domain, and you won't ever be
getting back on the list, at least not while I'm around.

So far, I have not had to unsubscribe and ban everyone from a given domain,
but I've come close.