[Mailman-Users] Where do I find mailman log file analysis tools

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Sep 17 22:54:59 CEST 2007

Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:

>I have a few questions.
>1. Where should the mmdsr file be placed? (any place or somewhere
>within mailman directory tree?

It can be anywhere. The only requirement is that the user:group that
runs it have read access to Mailman's logs and the mmdsr script.

>2. Should it have an *.sh extension or can it be run as such?

It can be run as is as long as the shell that runs it understands the

#!/bin/sh

initial line.

>3. Your page mentions that as of mailman 2.1.7 the script is within
>contrib directory. I have mailman 2.1.9 but could not find this
>subdirectory. Not really important but I got curious why it was not
>there.

The contrib directory is in the source distribution. Whether or not it
is included in any rpm or other package is decided by the packager.

If you install from source, it will be in the directory you unpack the
tarball into, but it won't be in the installation directory.