[Mailman-Users] Where's Korea? (recurring problem)

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Sep 17 18:33:50 CEST 2007

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> I don't see these here. Perhaps it's some difference between gcc
>> versions or configurations.
>>
>    Would you like to see a full log of the compile, maybe that'll shed
>some light?

You could send me the compile log off list. I think I understand what
all the warnings are about, and I also think that the results of the
compilation would actually work despite the warnings, but the log may
be interesting.

What I am more interested in is why configure succeeded when you didn't
have the python-devel package installed. There are tests in configure
for the presence of a full distutils package which should identify a
missing python-devel. See the configure script around lines 1432-1475
and the corresponding results in config.log. Possibly, your packages
are split differently with distutils in the python package, but the
header files in the python-devel package, but this doesn't seem like
good packaging.