[Mailman-Users] Mailman in chrooted OpenBSD

Patrick Valencia pvalencia357 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 02:59:46 CEST 2007

I configured it as such:

./configure --prefix=/var/www/mailman --with-mail-gid=67 --with-cgi-gid=67
--with-username=_mailman --with-groupname=_mailman

(using the _mailman user & group from the port install)  and I still get the
same error:

Failure to find group name for GID 67. Mailman
expected the CGI wrapper to be executed as group
"www", but the system's web server executed the
wrapper as GID 67 for which the name could not be
found.  Try adding GID 67 to your system as "www",
or tweak your web server to run the wrapper as group
"www".

I was pretty sure that this would force mailman to look for '67' as the
group, but it seems to still be looking for 'www'.